The Real Texas - Support Tips
Always: you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
or if I seem out-to-lunch try tweeting to @PsySal.
* * *
Q. The Game Crashes/GFX Glitch Out. How fix? What do?
Q. Linux Version Willn't Run!
- Sorry sorry. It's not too common, so you are a bit unlucky. :(
- Try clicking "disable shadows" when the game first starts (that OSey box "tweaks" tab.)
- Try to check if you can update your drivers. Especially some older Radeons are troublesome.
- Groan!! Previous line is typical programmer excuse, but it does work sometimes.
- Game only needs OpenGL 1.2 to run. Even feral marmots have that. Your computer is probably OK.
- Don't fear; library requirements are not huge or esoteric. Much is static-linked for your convenience.
- Main trick is, it's 32 bit app. I bet you are using 64-bit OS like a modern human should be.
- One day I will make 64 bit native Linux package, until then though you still have a way.
- It will vary by distro what you have to do. In general, you need 32-bit compatibility libraries.
- Your Linux probably has these, because there are other silly 32-bit apps that people like to run :)
- One user sent this magic spell:
I worked it out. The solution for Ubuntu 13.10 is as follows:
add this to sources list
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/raring main restricted universe multiverse
in the terminal
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
this installs the 32 bit libraries
sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture therealtexas_1.3-1_i386.deb
A webpage for Linux Mint that might help is here: Blog.LinuxMint.com/?p=2211
I actually use 32-bit Ubuntu as my main development machine (as of 2014-09-20). I don't know why I don't use 64-bit. But the Linux version is in a way the main version of the game. I made it 32-bit originally since that way both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Linux could run it.
Q. Linux Version Willn't Run, And The Above Doesn't Work
Q. I Found A Game Bug / I Think I Broke Something!
- "Multi-arch" may be the solution: http://askubuntu.com/questions/107230/what-happened-to-the-ia32-libs-package
- I am currently getting some help from a user and when I have proper instructions I'll update this page! Sorry :)
- You can check the Game Tips page, which does not contain any game tips but might have minor spoilers.
Site ©2014-2017 Kitty Lambda
For your reference, today you will have: big trouble.