I have a few ideas for new enemies, which lurk in the caves:
- A "gel" enemy that is like the slimes in U6. This enemy sort of spreads amorphously around, slowly creeping across the ground. It would be neat and jelly-like, maybe spitting acid at you unexpectedly.
- A cave pirate. The idea here is that a sword would fly in from off-screen and make a thungggg-ggg-gg-gg... sound, then the pirate would swing in dramatically on a rope and begin swashbuckling with you.
- A grabber plant. This would your basic, see a spot appear on the ground, move away from it because something is gonna grab you from there sort of enemy.
- A rat, and/or a snake. Actually the snake could be called "niblet" and it would be like nibbles.bas (i.e., worm) and crawl around eating numbers and growing, that would pretty awesome.
Here is a site with more ideas for me: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/biomes/cave/terrestrial.shtml
- I like the idea of salamanders, even just as scenery. Even raccoons could be fun, they could run up, swipe something from you, and run off again.
- Eyeless shrimp, and blind crayfish could work well in the damp underwater lake section. Everybody loves marine life. I can't imagine any really interesting patterns for these, though.
- A lake tentacle would be a nice addition, it would rise up out of the lake and smash you down.