The GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST code in fact works more or less as expected; my guess as to what was going on with performance (too many texture hits) was correct. However, I am going to have to generate the mipmaps manually since by default they use linear interpolation, and this gives me black edges around the alpha mapped textures; I want nearest interpolation.
So my plan for today:
- Deal with mipmap generation
- Make so you can't walk on water anymore
- Finish laying out the farmer's fields
- Make hay bale object
- Make wheat crop object
- Make barley crop object
- Make oats crop object
- Start laying out some houses in Happy Town
- Make graphics for a wooden house style (right now I only have brick houses)
- Make graphics for a sod house style
This probably won't all get done, but it's a good list. I can carry this over to tommorow if I don't get through it.